Citizens Warn of Established Pattern for Such Drills to go “live”
Contact: Info [at] OregonTruthAlliance dot org
Click here for a printable version of this release
from oregon truth alliance: This is an urgent advisory notice from concerned citizens of Oregon and Washington about an upcoming U.S. Joint Forces Command emergency management exercise known as NOBLE RESOLVE 07-2 that will simulate terrorism or disaster scenarios in the Lower Columbia River Basin between Aug. 20th and Aug 24th, 2007.
NOBLE RESOLVE 07-2 was designed and will be directed by U.S. Joint Forces Command (USJFCOM) and the Department of Homeland Security. We are aware of no public notice concerning this exercise, but preliminary investigation has revealed that Oregon National Guard officials and federal officials will conduct the drill. Details from official sources are minimal.
This advisory is to document our concerns, raise public awareness and urge citizen action based on the following facts:
1. NOBLE RESOLVE is a computer-based simulation of a large-scale emergency situation (e.g. earthquake, hurricane, tsunami, or terrorist attack with nuclear weapon) in order to train for managing all aspects of the emergency response through comprehensive software.
2. Military exercises such as NOBLE RESOLVE 07-2 have a recent history of coinciding with lethal “live” events. This occurred both at the start of Desert Storm in 1990 and on 9/11/01 when five or more major military or security exercises were in progress on the very day of the actual attacks. The same phenomenon occurred with the London Bombings of 7/7/05 during which a drill concerning multiple bomb attacks was being staged on that day.
3. Vice President Cheney, Homeland Security Director Michael Chertoff and former Senator Rick Santorum have all warned of a new 9/11 attack this summer, but are giving no evidence in support. Chertoff based his prediction on a “gut feeling”.
4. The May 2007 Presidential Directive NSPD 51 (HSPD 20) addressing “continuity of government” in the event of a massive emergency, includes secret "annexes" which are pertinent additional documents. Some US Congressional Committee on Homeland Security members such as Rep. Peter DeFazio have written to formally request permission to review these secret "annexes" and have twice been denied access by the White House.
5. This particular exercise, NOBLE RESOLVE 07-2, includes one scenario involving an unaccounted for, "loose," ten kiloton nuclear weapon, exactly as Vice President Cheney hinted in recent interviews. Department of Homeland Security chief Michael Chertoff claims he fears the same.
6. The plummeting support for the GOP has triggered comments from its members and analyses of its current political strategy that point to a new 9/11 attack as a contributing factor to GOP political salvation. Moreover, it appears that legends or back stories are being disseminated to support just such an event.
Transparency concerning NOBLE RESOLVE 07-2 is vital for the public safety of everyone in the Lower Columbia River Basin. We call on the planners, directors and participants in NOBLE RESOLVE 07-2 to be vigilant and to maintain transparency with respect to these military exercises. We also urge citizens and our elected officials to monitor the activities of participants connected with the exercises and alert authorities to any suspicious behavior. These exercises have an established pattern of becoming “live” events. (Please read references below.) We recommend that officials of the Ports of Astoria, Longview, Vancouver and Portland on the Lower Columbia River take extra care in their monitoring and examination of all shipping on the Lower Columbia River while NOBLE RESOLVE 07-2 is in progress. Finally, we urge all concerned to voice that concern in letters and calls to elected officials and civil servants requesting full transparency and citizen oversight.
1. About Noble Resolve
“Four days of “simulated” nuclear terrorist scenarios in the US & Europe” http://tinyurl.com/ynq8oq
USJFOCM - 1 http://www.jfcom.mil/index.htm
USJFOCM – 2: http://tinyurl.com/328eoj
2. History of Military Exercises Coinciding with live events
Internal Look Simulation of Iraq Invading Kuwait Coincides with Start of Desert Storm - Norman Schwarzkopf: "We went ahead and did an exercise, what's called a command post exercise, which is what Internal Look was to test our ability to deal with this particular scenario ... Just so happened we were in the middle of conducting the Internal Look command post exercise at the same time the crisis developed in the gulf." http://tinyurl.com/yt3v2k
NYC / Washington DC / Pennsylvania on 9/11/01
5. Scenario Involving Nuclear Attack in Portland
Harvard Study Maps Results of 10 Kiloton Nuclear Blast in Portland, OR http://tinyurl.com/2fmtpl (Pg. 9)
Ten kiloton nuclear bomb fact sheet http://tinyurl.com/2q48qa
Uncertain future (Portland, Oregon) Oregon gets terror drills http://tinyurl.com/26we5b
Portland Withdraws from Joint Terrorism Task Force http://tinyurl.com/2564to
Swan Island Networks is providing logistical support for Operation Noble Resolve http://tinyurl.com/ytza2a
Mobius & Swan Island http://tinyurl.com/2zsgsa
Maersk Lines now primary US military shipper http://tinyurl.com/23ssy8
Maersk Lines involved with NOBLE RESOVE http://tinyurl.com/2q48qa
SeaSecure & Mobius http://www.seasecure.com/
Is America Preparing for Martial Law? http://tinyurl.com/a3ot9
Martial Law is Now a Real Threat: Declaring the US a Battlefield http://tinyurl.com/2zg67l
BAE joins RAINS http://tinyurl.com/2g55y9
London Bombing Drill conducted by Visor http://www.visorconsultants.com/index.html
Guiliani in London on 7/7/05 http://www.prismwebcastnews.com/pwn/?p=969
Giuliani Security & Safety LLC http://tinyurl.com/2f3gke
Dirty Bomb Threat (backstory) http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20221065/
New 911-style plot (backstory) http://tinyurl.com/2j7cxu
Al Qaeda cell may be loose in US (backstory) http://tinyurl.com/ytmfdm
Plot would have killed thousands (backstory) http://tinyurl.com/ynl6b8
Doubt cast on 'liquid explosives' threat, Al Qaeda network in UK Identified http://tinyurl.com/2c9654
Capt. Eric May & Noble Resolve: Death Map
from presswatch: Capt. May of Ghost Troop, military affairs correspondent for the Texas Iconoclast, discusses the ongoing revelations about the Noble Resolve exercise scheduled for Aug. 20 in Portland, including the exposure of a detailed atomic blast map composed in April by a neocon-led study group.