bin laden videotape not new, monitoring site says
from reuters: A videotape of Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden released on Friday is the Pashto-language version of a tape released several months ago, said IntelCenter, a U.S.-based terrorism monitoring firm. The tape, titled "To Our People in Pakistan," was broadly released in Arabic and Urdu on July 12, IntelCenter said. Excerpts had been aired by the Al Jazeera television network on June 3, it added. Earlier on Friday, IntelCenter had said al-Qaeda's as-Sahab Media had released a new video from bin Laden.
plans for security bunker at world trade center site still lacking
from nydailynews: Eight years after terrorists destroyed the World Trade Center, the Port Authority still hasn't figured out where to put its crucial security bunker, the Daily News has learned. Plans for a central command post to monitor security at Ground Zero are far from complete: The agency has no final design, no set budget, no opening date and no location, officials confirm. Known as the SWOCC, the Site-Wide Operations Coordination Center was supposed to safeguard the public against terror threats and provide day-to-day management for the nation's No.1 terrorist target.
video: wtc cross finder calls for 9/11 truth
from 9/11 blogger: WeAreChange.org spoke to 1st Responder Frank Silecchia who discovered the famous steel cross recovered from Ground Zero. He supports 9/11 truth.
swedish member of parliament:
leading politicians support 9/11 truth movement
from truthnews: A Swedish Member of Parliament has pledged support for a new investigation into the events of 9/11, adding that prominent political figures support the view that elements of the U.S. government were involved in staging the attacks. An article headlined “The U.S. was part of the attack” in the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet, highlights comments made by MP Egon Frid of the country’s “Left Party”.
“The U.S. administration knew of the terrorist attack before and was a part of it,” Frid said in an interview with Swedish TV network TV4 on it’s “Kalla Facts” (Hard Facts) programme... Frid also revealed that he has joined the “Political Leaders For 9/11 Truth” group, to which other notables have pledged support, such as Andreas von Buelow, former German State Secretary in the Federal Ministry of Defense, Yukihisa Fujita, Japanese Member of Parliament, Michael Meacher, Minister of the British Parliament, Cynthia McKinney, Jesse Ventura, and many other political luminaries from all corners of the globe. The group was founded earlier this year, joining the growing ranks of professionals calling for a new independent investigation into 9/11, including the groups:
Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth
Firefighters for 9/11 Truth
Journalists & Other Media Professionals for 9/11 Truth
Lawyers for 9/11 Truth
Medical Professionals for 9/11 Truth
Pilots for 9/11 Truth
Religious Leaders for 9/11 Truth
Scholars for 9/11 Truth & Justice
Veterans for 9/11 Truth
11/13 update: 'ny trial' for key 9/11 suspects
from bbc: Alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed will be sent from Guantanamo Bay to New York for trial in a civilian court, reports say. Citing unnamed government officials, the reports said he would be transferred from the US prison camp in Cuba with four other suspects. US Attorney General Eric Holder is expected to announce the decision later, the officials say.
Mr Mohammed has admitted planning the 9/11 attacks, the US military says. The five men have until now been facing prosecution at US military commissions in Guantanamo. But US President Barack Obama has made closing the detention camp a top priority. His administration says it will try some detainees in US courts and repatriate or resettle others who are not perceived as a threat.
However, questions remain over the fate of those assessed as dangerous but who for legal reasons could not be prosecuted in a US court - prompting suggestions that the 22 January closure deadline will slip. According to the reports, Mr Holder will also announce that a suspect in the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole in Yemen will be tried at a military tribunal.