from IntelliHub.com: A new leak from Edward Snowden shows a massive budget for the military spy industrial complex that is hidden from the public.
The original leaks made my Edward Snowden
were enough to totally change the whole collective dialogue about
government spying, but those initial leaks were merely the tip of the
iceberg. There are countless other pieces of damning evidence that are
slowly being leaked out over time. Some of the most recent leaks are
extremely interesting, showing a secret budget of almost $53 billion
dollars that went to various intelligence agencies.
Here are some of the details of intelligence spending revealed in the report:
- $11.5 billion of the proposed CIA budget — which overall, was up 56 percent since 2004 — was allocated to “data collection expenses” alone.
- Of the NSA’s $10.8 billion budget, $5.2 billion were marked for “management, facilities and support.”
- Of the National Reconaissance Office’s $10.3 billion, $6 billion were allocated to data collection.
- The requested budget for the National Geospatial Intelligence
Program, which supplies “imagery and map-based intelligence” was up 108
percent since 2004.
- $4.4 billion went to the General Defense Intelligence Program, which
assesses foreign military activity for policymakers and U.S. military
“The United States has made a considerable investment in the
Intelligence Community since the terror attacks of 9/11, a time which
includes wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Arab Spring, the
proliferation of weapons of mass destruction technology, and asymmetric
threats in such areas as cyber-warfare,” Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr. wrote in response to inquiries from The Post.
“Our budgets are classified as they could provide insight for
foreign intelligence services to discern our top national priorities,
capabilities and sources and methods that allow us to obtain information
to counter threats,” he said.
 Unprecedented ‘black budget’ leak reveals the scope of $52 billion US spy complex – The Verge
 Snowden leaks intelligence ‘black budget’ to Washington Post – Aljazeera
 U.S. spy network’s successes, failures and objectives detailed in ‘black budget’ summary – Washington Post